Composting (all about)
Contact Us Form
Garden Wiki Link
Insects & "Plant Issues"
Make a Donation
Misc. Useful Info.
Questions & Answers
Recycle & Reuse
Seeds & Soil
Videos & Photos
What to Grow & When
If you'd like to share your garden recipes with us, send us an email. We're just getting started, so check back for updates.
Rick's Favorite Hummus
submitted 7/24/2011 by Rick Smith
- (1) 16 oz. can Bush's® Reduced Sodium garbanzos chick peas, drained and rinsed
- (1) 15 oz. lima beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Medium organic tomato
- 1-3 Garlic cloves, depending on taste, minced
- 3 Tbsp. FRESH squeezed lemon juice
- 2-3 Tbsp. EVOO
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. ground Cumin
- Kosher salt & fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Large organic tomato (this one is just for serving, see below)
- (1) 5 oz. container organicgirl baby spinach
- 1. Drain and rinse chick peas and lima beans to remove water and salt. Add to blender.
- 2. Chop and add medium tomato to blender along with next 6 ingredients.
- 3. Blend, folding mixture in. I tip my blender on it's side slightly as it's blending. If the mixture does not
fold in easier to a smooth hummus, then simply add more olive oil and lemon juice.
- 4. Chill for 1 hour.
- 5. Serve over large/thick slices of tomato and baby spinach leaves.
- Yield 6 servings
"I love to serve this hummus with fresh carrot and celery sticks, along with salsa
and Chifles® Gluten Free All Natural Plantain Strips.
It makes a wonderful, healthy appetizer platter. I like organicgirl baby spinach too,
because it's delicious, organic of course, and their containers are made with 100% recycled plastic." - Rick Smith, CGKW Board
Please visit our